Trav needed to use some of his PTO or he would lose it so we planned a few days that lined up with my work schedule to go visit my family in Arizona. As the trip approached, we considered canceling because Chance was just sick. I didn't want him to be miserable. But honestly.... we needed a get away so we decided to go anyway.
The next day Chance was feeling better so we went to St George to spend some time. Travis went golfing and Chance and I attempted to go shopping. Chance was so tired and grumpy that it was a pretty miserable time. I brought water for a bottle but it had gone very cold. I get grossed out by bathroom water even though I know it's all the same water haha so Chance and I made a stop at Starbucks. I got a smoothie and he got a warm cup of water to make a bottle haha I sure got some weird looks. What can I say, Motherhood is an adventure!! We went to the golf course and just sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful sun.
Later that night, Jenell colored my hair. I have been debating a melt for a while but was nervous about it. It's a big change and I didn't know if I would like it. However, I'm SOOO glad that I did it. She did such a good job and I love it. I kind of feel like it's manifestation of a mid 20's crises haha but I'm fine with that. I like it and it will be fun to have something different.
On Tuesday we went and visited Charlie. He entroduced Chance to horses. Chance LOVED them and kept reaching out to touch them. It was pretty cute. We went for a ride then went to lunch with Charlie. He is my great uncle. He lives in Switzerland so I really don't get to see him very often. This was the first time he had seen Chance so it was a pretty fun opportunity.
We went to Jacob Lake with Jenell and Oran for some delicous cookies that night. Chance tried out his first rocking horse. It was a little big for him but still very cute.
Jenell's kids, Mhea and Lukus were sooooo cute with Chance. They doted on him and just loved him every second they could. They would bring him toys, play peek a boo, whatever they could do to interact with him and help keep him happy!
I can't even begin to explain what a great get away this was for us. It was soooo needed and it was so nice to be around family and just relax. It helped me put things into perspective and be grateful for what I have rather than wishing I had more or feeling sorry for myself for some recent events.
I'm so grateful for my family and their willingness to take us in and help take care of Chance, feed us, and just love us. My family absolutely loves Travis and that means so much to me. Most of the time we aren't even doing the same thing when we are there because they want him to go play ball or go out to the cows or whatever. They have taken him right in and gotten to know him and it makes our visits very special and enjoyable. I really love it.










No comments:
Post a Comment