Things are going well as a family of 4. Having your second
is quite different than having your first, but we are trying to soak everything
in and just enjoy the stage we are at.
Baby Coleman is much different than Chance was as a baby.
Chance was very easy going and didn’t take much work. I would still classify
Coleman as an easy baby but he is more of a typical child. He likes to be held,
has moments when he cries for no apparent reason, prefers mom, etc. When he was
about 2 weeks old he had become the saddest baby on earth. We were baffled. He
had been fine then went to crying almost constantly. I was so frustrated and
confused. Then we realized that we had made a formula change and something
about it didn’t seem to agree with him. We switched to something else and
things have been more pleasant. We are getting to know Baby Coleman and
learning his likes and dislikes.
Likes:
·
Mom
·
Eating- he eats 4 oz at a time!
·
Warm, cuddly blankets
·
Being held
·
Chillin in his baby bouncer (if he can’t be
held)
·
Being patted on the back while being bounced
·
Being held so that he can look around when he is
awake
Dislikes:
·
Baths
·
Being undressed for any reason
·
Binkies (we are pushing those on him and he is
coming around somewhat)
·
Pooping (always a very dramatic experience)
·
Having his hands free if he is upset (it’s best
just to swaddle him)
How Chance is doing: Amazing! He really is the best brother.
He truly is his brother’s keeper. He always knows where Coleman is and if he is
crying, he makes sure that its being addressed. He even finds his binky for him
or talks to him in a sweet voice to help calm him. I wasn’t sure what to expect
since they are just over two years apart but I feel that Chance is coping very
well. He has been frustrated a few times over having to share me or wait for me
to finish taking care of the baby before I can do something for him. However,
he hasn’t taken out his frustration on the baby at all. He seems to understand
that even though it can be hard, the baby needs help first. I have been very
impressed with him and expect that things will just get better from here!
Trav and I are getting used to having two kids. We used to
sort of switch off responsibility with Chance but now we are both constantly
occupied when Travis is home. This has been an adjustment but so far it has
been fine.
This may sound funny but even Zuka is making adjustments.
She is such a good dog. The other day Chance was playing in the front yard. I
was watching him from the porch and keeping an eye on the baby inside. Coleman
started to cry so I went inside for maybe 3 minutes. When I came out, I
couldn’t find Chance. I started to panic. Zuka was following me as I looked for
him. Finally, I turned to Zuka and asked “Where’s Chance?” She immediately led
me out of our yard. This is unlike her because she is trained to stay in the
yard and rarely disobeys. She led me to our neighbors house where Chance was
looking at their motorcycle. Chance has never left before. I was so relieved to
find him and so thankful for Zuka. We taught her to find Chance for such
occasions, but I didn’t think I would have to use it at our own house! Next goal… teach her to find Coleman!
The weeks have flown by since I had Coleman and I can’t
believe he is almost a month old! I am already dreading going back to work haha
even though I love my job. I just love being with my boys so much. Moms are so
important! I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mom and be
blessed by these sweet little people!
No comments:
Post a Comment