Chance 2.5 Years Old
Oh where to begin with this one?! Terrible/wonderful/amazing
twos! He has grown up so much in the last few months. He knows what he wants.
He has favorite things. He notices sooooo much and seriously just amazes me. I
think with a two year old, its all of the little things. Like yesterday, he got
something on his hands and without asking or prompting; he just went to the
bathroom and washed his hands.
Loves his blanket, mom’s bed, coo’s bed, dinosaurs, monster
trucks, fire trucks, and police cars. Eats ramen noodles raw on the daily (yes,
I’m probably a bad mom for introducing that). Likes to fight and wrestle any
chance he gets. Is a great imitator and would probably be a really good dancer
haha watches Lion Guard, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Curious George. Cruises
Netflix and PBS kids on the tablet in his down time. Watches Big Hero 6 in the
car. Loves to be outside and loves to see animals.
He is growing like a weed lately! He is growing out of his
clothes so it’s a good thing we are almost into summer clothes. He has gotten
much taller and after getting a hair cut, doesn’t look so little anymore.
However, his hair has already grown a ton since cutting it! I suppose I will
just let it grow for a while again.
His speech has improved some. Kids on the move has been
coming. They suggested a communication
board. It’s a magnet board with pictures representing various things. That has
been a great help! He is also attempting more sounds. It’s a slow process and
we celebrate any progress that he makes.
I’m debating putting him in preschool this fall. It seems
crazy to even be thinking about that right now but I think it would be good for
him. He loves being with other kids and through play group and play dates, I
have seen improvement in his interactions. Chance is truly a bright spot in
this world. He loves life and all that it has to offer.
Coleman 4.5 Months Old
Growing, learning, changing. This kid has evolved so much
since birth. He is now a happy, easy going, little cheese ball. Loves his
jumper, being talked to, pat-a-cake, and
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He is becoming so predictable. Eats 6 ounces every 3-4
hours. Plays. Takes a nap. He still wakes up once a night but this morning it
wasn’t til 5 so we are getting closer to a full night’s rest! He loves to watch
Chance and all of his craziness. He can sit unassisted for a little bit. He can
stand if he has something to hold onto (that is killing me, he is NOT old
enough to be doing that!). He is very busy and if he is awake, needs to be able
to see what is going on. He is very social and smiles at anyone who talks to
him. Weighs 18 lb now!
Coleman has a droopy eyelid. I have been calling it a “lazy
eye” but that really isn’t the correct term because his eyes don’t work
independently. We went to the specialist this week for it and sure enough, the
vision is different and the doc says they are about 1mm different. Crazy that
you can tell such a small amount. We are going to continue to watch it for now.
The doctor didn’t feel it would be advantageous to do glasses or a patch at his
young age but we may in the future. He goes back in April to get checked again.
He also has a misshapen head and will likely need a helmet but we are also
waiting on that one. So he could potentially have a helmet and a patch or
glasses haha poor kid! Good thing he is cute and will be able to pull off
anything.
Travis and Amanda
We are doing well. Just trucking along with work, callings,
and taking care of the kids. We have taken on the project of giving our kitchen
a makeover. I can’t really say “redoing” because few things are actually being
replaced. I have broken the project into 5 phases, because I’m weird like that.
We are on the 3rd phase, so I suppose we are halfway done haha I’m
very anxious to have it all done! Its already so different, its crazy! Our goal
is to have it done by March 23rd but at this rate, we should be done
a few weeks before that.
We have a lot of fun things coming up that we are looking forward
to, imcluding just general warm weather. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment