Mar 17, 2017

March Update


Here comes an update on us.

Travis
Doing great. Busy with work, getting ready to start umpiring, and getting ready to start playing softball. We are definitely fans of warmer weather and all that it brings.

Amanda
Working. School. Kids. Living the dream! I started working for intermountain healthcare in September. It was a rough transition, as I knew it would be. But now, I’m really liking it. There are some really great people there and I have already learned so much! I look forward to learning more and being more of an asset to the unit. I am still trucking along with school. I am schedule to be done December 2017 but I want to finish sooner. I’m shooting for September. It’s been rough doing it all but I am glad I started and will even be more glad when it’s over HAHA

The FitBit life
Travis and I got FitBits in December and January. I’m not even really sure what sparked it but I’m so glad that we did! We are totally on the bandwagon! We have been more active and feeling better. Even Chance will get up and walk and say “I need to get my steps!” Haha we will take it!! We are schedule to run in the AF half in June. Trav is going to do the half marathon and I’m going to do the 5K.

Chance
3.5 years. Definitely a “big boy.” Still going to speech and preschool. I can’t believe how far his speech has come! That lady is seriously so awesome and we are so pleased with his progress! Preschool is going really well. His best friend in the class is 5 and I think that really pushes him to be more mature, which is a good thing. We feel like he has kind of skipped a stage. He is into Batman and Power Rangers. He goes to sunbeams which he isn’t a real fan of but lets face it… he has never been a fan of church haha we have been working with him on saying prayers, learning songs, and the articles of faith. He is stubborn but we are getting there. He is potty trained now, which has been the biggest blessing! He literally decided one day in December that he was going to wear big boy undies and a week later he was completely potty trained! This sounds bad, but with all of the challenges that Chance faces, I was imagining potty training being a long hard battle. I would say it was definitely a tender mercy from the Lord! We got the boys bikes for Valentines and have been working with Chance to ride the balance bike and learn to pedal. With his apraxia, those types of things will come very slowly but he has learned to do it some, which is a great accomplishment for him!

Coleman James
17 months. Ohhhh where do I begin with this naughty little dude?? He is at the busy stage and his cuteness definitely saves him because he is rotten!! Walking. Running. Talking. Attitude. Bugging Chance. Knowing he is cute and using it to get out of trouble! I can’t believe how different Chance and Cole are. Coleman is a people person and likes to flirt and make people react. He follows suit and likes super heroes and power rangers. He also still loves Mickey and characters on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He is getting in to the car/trucks/trains stage. He is also likes to play sports. Basically all boy hehe 

We are looking forward to summer weather and spending more time outside. It’s nice because the boys are at great ages to just play outside without constant supervision. We are also looking forward to a Disneyland Trip in the fall. It’s going to be a great year!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you guys have your hands full!! i STILL need to start school (eye roll + SOS ha)! glad you are starting to love it at UVH. it really is the best!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete