Jan 4, 2018

It's baby time! Almost....


Well this pregnancy is coming to a close and I couldn’t be more anxious! Today I am 36 weeks, 5 days. I officially have a c section scheduled for the 22nd. I have 4 more shifts at work. My leave of absence paperwork is turned in. I have pretty much bought everything we need (and more).

This has been my most difficult pregnancy, and that’s saying something because the boys were no walk in the park! I’ve been more sick, and I still gag and throw up occasionally. Which typically causes blood vessels in my face to burst so I get a nice red freckled look for the rest of the day. My weight gain is about where it was with the boys (45-50 lb). I was anticipating a lot more so I’m actually happy about that. I have been way more active this pregnancy, thanks to having 2 crazy boys, having a stressful job, and wearing a fitbit. I’m carrying this one much lower than the boys. Also, she’s now “dropped” so it’s even worse.

So, when I went into the doctor for my normal check up, my blood pressure was high. So I gave a urine sample and of course, there was protein in it. So now we’ve started the work up for preeclampsia. It doesn’t surprise me too much, my hands and feet are typically sore from swelling, and I’m exhausted. The doctor decided to “let it slide” because I have a way to check my blood pressure at home. So far it’s been acceptable. I guess we will see what my appointment next week brings. Part of me just wants to have this baby but my parents and inlaws will all be out of town next week so that makes me nervous. I’m hoping we can hold off til the 13th when people are back home to help with the boys.

So, for now, I’m basically on bed rest and wishing for time to go by faster. But really I’m just hoping for a healthy baby, however things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment