Here comes an update for this
month.
Trav & Amanda: Same. We are
totally old and boring and nothing interesting happens to us.
Chance: 2 more games of tball left.
He has loved it and we have loved watching him! I’m really sad that the season
is coming to a close because I absolutely look forward to his games on
Saturdays! He decided he doesn’t want to play soccer again (at least this
upcoming season). I am so sad because I enjoyed watching him and seeing his
progress, but I am trying to respect his feelings. For now, he wants to keep
playing tball, doing gymnastic, and swim lessons. Swim lessons were a total hit
for Chance! I kept putting it off but now I have no idea why! I mean ya… going
every day gets pretty old but Chance absolutely loved it! He looked forward to
it every day and did a great job! He passed Preschool 1 and will be starting
Preschool 2 later this month. He is not scared and wants to be able to go down
a big slide without a parent, so he is definitely motivated!
Chance and I have started reading
chapter books together. He was interested in goosebumps so we read my favorite
for my childhood, “The Haunted Mask.” He really liked it and stuck with the
story well. I was really surprised and impressed honestly. We went to the
library and picked a few books to read. So far, we have only read shorter ones
together but we are going to try another longer book. I have a terribly
hilarious story about reading books. I rented “The Witches” from the library. I
loved the book as a kid and read it several times. I thought it would be great
since Chance likes scary things. I read a few pages in and he started to get a
little concerned. We stopped reading and went to take a shower. While I was in
the shower, Chance randomly came in and didn’t say anything (very unusual for
Chance). So I looked out and he was sort of “expression-less” then just burst
into tears! Just the first few pages of the book had scared the crap out of
him!! I am literally the worst mom ever!! I finished my shower quick and held
him on my bed. I assured him that witches do not exist and that the book is
fictional. He stopped crying and wanted Carly to lie by him, to help him feel
better. It was soooo cute! Carly is seriously the most loved baby on earth!
Coleman: Poor Coleman… always something
with his skin! He has a cherry angioma on his forehead, kind of right on his
hair line. It sort of just appeared a few months ago and now it’s turned into a
nightmare. It bleeds when it’s barely bumped and with a 2 year old boy… it’s
pretty much impossible to keep the darn thing from bleeding continuously!! We
took him to the dermatologist to have it removed and they referred us to a
plastic surgeon. We see him on the 18th and they will decide what to
do. I’m so upset and sick about it. I hate the thought of him being under
general anesthesia but I know I need to stop being so dramatic… it needs to be
taken care of! I am anxious to see the specialist and get a planned lined up so
that it can be behind us.
He has started showing some
interest in potty training but I don’t think he is quite ready. We are
encouraging his interest and making baby steps. I’m aiming to potty train him
sometime December-February. It will be nice to only have 1 in diapers.
Carly: She will be 6 months
tomorrow and I don’t know how that happened so fast! So cliché but time really
does fly! Carly is huge now, I’m definitely anxious to see how she measures up
at her 6 month appointment. She eats 6-8 ounces 4-5 times a day plus baby food
0-2 times (depending on the day). She loves her jumperoo and mickey mouse.
Obviously, watching MIickey Mouse while in her jumperoo is basically heaven
haha She hates to be held and it’s become a bit of a problem during church,
families homes, etc. She can’t sit up unassisted yet but doesn’t want to be
held. It’s very frustrating. At home, she is always in her jumperoo or in bed.
Even if she isn’t sleeping, she likes to just lay in bed haha and I can’t say
as I blame her! We have started working with her more on sitting up. The boys
loved sitting up and could sit unassisted at 4 months so it’s crazy how she is
so different! She is such a smiley cheese ball. I love to make her smile and
laugh!
Zuka: I usually don’t post much
about Zuka but she is seriously the best! We had to take her to the vet today,
she stepped on a firework and burned her back paw. It was a smoke bomb and it
bothered her immediately but then she didn’t show any signs of pain til 2 days
later! We had even taken her hiking!! But today we had it checked out and they
put her on pain medication and antibiotics so I am hoping she will soon be on
the mend!
No comments:
Post a Comment