Feb 23, 2020

Grand Cayman


Monday was our first stop, Grand Cayman. We had been notified the night before that our excursion, Parasailing, had been canceled due to weather. We had been watching the weather and knew that this may happen but it was still a bummer. We debated picking another one and ultimately decided on a private beach excursion. The boat cannot go close to shore so you have to take a water shuttle in. This was kind of a pain but it went fairly smoothly and we found where we needed to go for our excursion. 

The city of Georgetown was a bit of a letdown for me. It didn’t seem very nice or interesting. People drive on the left side of the road and constantly honk their horns but it’s more of a friendly honk! Not like the honks I am used to. We walked through a few shops, bought a diet coke, and headed back to the waiting area. I couldn’t believe how warm it was! We rode a bus to the beach and got VIP seats! People kept walking by and asking us how much we paid for the chairs and how we got them! Apparently paying for the excursion was worth it haha We walked along the beach, ordered nachos that cost $29 haha! And seriously just enjoyed ourselves! 



I was nervous to go out into the water because I had never been in the ocean and I really suck at swimming but trav slowly got me out there. I was paddling around and got really excited, until I swallowed some of the water! Salt water! Yuck! I had no idea it would be like that. Trav got a good laugh out of my reaction though. We brought an action camera that is waterproof so we tried it out in the water and took tons of silly pics. It was so fun to spend that time with Trav and it felt like we were just dating again. No cares in the world and just flirty and enjoying each other’s company. We sat next to some people who were from Virginia. They were 25 and had one child. The woman was completely amazed that we had 3 children so close together haha it was funny because in Utah, no one bats an eye at our situation but on the cruise, people were very surprised to learn that we had 3 kids in 4 years! We chatted with her a lot and she invited us to meet them at the club that night. We were super awkward about it haha but I felt flattered for the invitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment