The day has finally arrived. I have become an Aunt :) It all happened last Wednesday. I left class early because I was so excited. I was the first "aunt-to-be" to arrive, as I am/was to be the favorite aunt, of course. Here she is, our little niecey sweetie. I will skip the details as we would not want sweet baby to get attention from any creepers online :)
I'm so excited to finally be an aunt. I don't think people realize what it's like to only have one sibling. Maybe people would say the same about 2, 3, 4 or 12 siblings.... but seriously.... Having only one sibling is a unique experience. Especially since my sibling is of the opposite gender. We never had tons to fight and argue about. No real competition with each other. And for me, everything that happens with him is a huge deal. It was really hard for me to accept the fact that I wouldn't get to see my only sibling be married (because I was not endowed). Other people have other siblings. Other chances. But not me. I only have Paul.
Now, I realized that I have portrayed this as a bad thing but it really is a good thing. No favorites. We are each other's favorites. Each other's priority. No drawing names for Christmas. No black sheep in the family. And because there are only two children, my parents have been there for us 100%. Worst case scenario, they had to split up. Mom at my dance competition, and Dad at Paul's hockey game but we always had support there. I took this for granted. People with 3+ children may not always have this luxury. And their kids wont have the experience that I had, never doing anything without parent support. I've actually considered having only 2 children myself for this purpose. I see other people and feel that they are cheated by their parents picking favorites and not giving attention where it is needed. But that's another issue....
Paul's wife had a baby :) I'm an aunt. I could not be happier. I'm so excited for my new niece as she grows up and it will be so fun to get to know her and her little personality. I'm excited for Zuka to meet her and see what her reaction will be. I will teach my niece to love dogs. Sing to the radio, especially country music. Dance freestyle whenever possible. Wear her hair in pigtails and braids. Hate boys. Wear lip gloss. Have attitude. Tell it like it is. Basically, she's going to be awesome :) Now I feel like Pam on the office, I'm just hoping she likes me haha If I can only get one kid to like me in the world, hopefully its my new little niece.

No comments:
Post a Comment