Well I have finally done something I have wanted to do since 6th grade... (I have proof in a D.A.R.E. letter I wrote to myself). I got into Nursing School. I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. I have worked as a CNA for about 4.5 years now and I feel very comfortable with that role. But as a CNA, if anything goes wrong, just call the nurse haha and that's going to be me in 20 months (plus however long it takes me to study for and take the NCLEX).
I'm excited to learn the material and scared to have to perform it haha the clinical rotations are going to be an eye opener but I'm looking forward to it.
The school I'm going to is Provo College. I will admit, after getting my first degree from UVU, I was a little concerned about going to a private college. It just seemed sketchy. Kind of a "buy a degree" type school. Man, was I wrong..... I did a lot of research about Provo College before applying there. It is regionally accredited which is like the typical Universities around here and will allow me to continue my education in Nursing if I so desire. IHC hires Provo College graduates in large numbers. Their NCLEX pass rate has been 100% in a few different years and in the high 90's through the other years.
It's going to be great school for me because they cater to the students that have to still work while they are in school, attempting to keep classes to as few days a week as possible. They also work really hard to help you pass the NCLEX which is the whole point of nursing school because if you can't pass that test, you can't be an RN.
I am currently taking Anatomy and Physiology at Provo College (two separate courses). I have been pushed to the max with those classes. And this is coming from someone with a Bachelor's degree. My family will testify the long hours I've studied to do well in those classes. I had this idea that those classes would be easy at a private school. Again, I was wrong. I have had to work my tail off to get good grades but I can honestly say I have learned sooo much! And thats how I feel that school should be.
To sum it up, I am just so excited. More excited than I've been in a long time and I know this is right for me at this point in my life and it always just feels good to be doing the right thing :)
And of course we went to Red Lobster to celebrate. My wonderful family took me and I know they will be behind me 100% on Nursing School and my Nursing Career and that's just an awesome feeling! Love you guys!




No comments:
Post a Comment