Ok friends... I'm really not a huge Taylor Swift fan but I absolutely LOVE this song!
I like to pretend that artists wrote and personally relate to their songs.... this may not always be true but it makes the song more enjoyable for me. Near the end of the song is my favorite part when Taylor sings...
"And I can see you years from now in a bar, talking over a football game
With that same big loud opinion but nobody's listening
Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things
Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing...
What the.... saying Taylor can't sing? Low. You DO NOT say that to Taylor Swift. First off, she's amazing. Just because I'm not her biggest fan doesn't mean that she's not totally awesome. Second off, you don't say to someone who makes a living singing, that they can't sing. Not cool. But isn't that how mean people are? Hit ya right where it really hurts. Luckily Taylor continues singing this....
But all you are is mean
All you are is mean and a liar and pathetic and alone in life
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean"
That's right Taylor! You don't have to take that! I love that she says the word PATHETIC. How appropriate for mean people.
So when I hear this song I have a few people who come to mind who are just "mean" to me. These people sometimes change from day to day but whenever I hear this song It just makes me smile :) Seems so juvenile to get satisfaction out of a song like that but I do haha
So when people start being mean to you... sing this song in your head and get a little happy feeling that you are actually going places in life and all they will ever be is mean :)
Haha, if it's juvenile, then I'm juvenile. I'm married with a baby and still get satisfaction from "Gives you Hell" by The All American Rejects.
ReplyDeleteI love that song! I think she has a good voice and I do get some satisfaction from understanding that some people are mean for no reason and all you can do is smile and continue on your own path
ReplyDeletei love songs like that. and @ paul i totally still listen to that song when i get mad. haha. manda we should create a good playlist. :)
ReplyDeletegood to see you last night!
xoxo