Apr 16, 2012

Wanted: Dead or Alive


I am obsessed with animals. No, really.... I am. This isn't news to my family. For as long as I can remember (I'm old and senile, don't take that too seriously), I have gone to the Zoo for my birthday, and my birthday is in December, not May. I am also basically in love with my dog, also not news. I would own 10 dogs if I didn't have a wonderful husband to remind me of why that's probably not the best idea.


But this week I have taken it to a whole new level. In 2 days I went to 2 different animal "exhibits." One of dead animals and one of live animals.

Allow me to explain.

The Bean Museum. you probably went there as a kid on a field trip. First off, it's free. Awesome. It displays all sorts of animals that are "stuffed" or have been worked on by a taxidermist or however you would like to put it. Anyway, I went with my Mom, Aunt Bea, and her kids Vixy, Grayson and Bryson. Had a blast. Wanted to hug most of the animals. Refrained. Here are some pics.




The biggest surprise of the day was when I came upon an animal who had the exact same hair style and color as me! See.... Humans and animals are not so different after all!!





Moving on. I enjoyed seeing these animals so much that I insisted on going to see more animals the very next day so I made Travis take me to  Hee Haw Farms. $5 for admission and $1 for a cup of feed and the animals love you! 










Oh and not to mention I was obsessed with these goats. Enjoy while I make a fool of myself.



1 comment:

  1. Travis's real purpose in life: Stop my sister from becoming a cat (I mean dog) lady. Thank you Travis.

    ReplyDelete