May 18, 2012

Look Again

I watched a movie with my mother recently. Me watching movies is always risky business because I tend to take them way too seriously and personally. We watched 500 Days of Summer. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Anywho, the gist of the story is a couple date and then she breaks it off. Typical. But the boy didn't want to break up, also typical. So, naturally, he slips into the depths of despair. His wise younger sister councils him in matter. Enjoy the clip before proceeding with this post. 


Typical of us. Typical of being in a relationship that didn't pan out as planned. I remember (many moons ago) losing sleep over past loves and wondering what I had done to put myself in such misery. How could have I have walked away. Everything was perfect. Why did you even break up in the first place? 

John Mayer says it beautifully in "Comfortable"


Can't remember, what went wrong last September
Though I'm sure that you'd remind me, if you had to

Somehow it becomes impossible to know how things went wrong. We manage to lose our minds about it. Yet, if we follow this young girls council and "Look again"... It becomes apparent. And we wouldn't have it any other way. Love, or what we perceive as love, has a way of distorting the way we view things and perhaps our memory as well. I love movies and movie lines that make me think. 

1 comment:

  1. loved this post amanda. that movie hits home because i really is so true. & ummm i have to admit i'm quite obsessed with that song. it may or may not be on just about every single playlist i create ;) love ya!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete