We have a lot coming up. Dustin and Brianna's wedding this weekend. My graduation. Baby showers. Vegas vacation. Lots of school for Travis. Working on the house. Yard work. Planting and maintaining the garden. Then of course, Baby C coming. I have life planned til there.
I'm starting to wonder when I got so old. I am suddenly feeling very mature (and not in the good way). I read things I wrote just 4 years ago and seriously just laugh at how immature I was. Is it going to be like this for the rest of my life? I am now 25 so when I am 29, will I read this post and think, "what an idiot!"?....... Probably. I guess that's all just part of life. We constantly grow and mature. Sometimes it's a steady, linear growth and other times we are forced to grow leaps and bounds.
Since I have gotten old (I'm still not exactly sure when this happened), many things have changed about me. Let's explore some.
I no longer take pics of myself like this
And if I do, I'm not making the kissing face. And I don't post it to Facebook.
I spend a lot less money on my appearance. Now that I am old, I can only handle a certain amount of "fake"ness in my life and particularly in myself. I am a lot less fake these days. I think a lot of the reason is because I have found a REAL MAN who appreciates the real me. I am content with highlights and light makeup these days. And so is Travis.

I'm obsessed with budgeting and I look over ours and revamp it every couple of days. I have a running total of assets and liabilities. Accounts payable. Etc. (Thank you college level accounting classes)
I have realized that it may actually be worth my time to learn how to cook. Don't judge me! We learn at different rates here. Let's be clear, I don't aspire to become Betty Crocker or start my own cooking blog. I just want to cook healthy food for my family and save a few bucks in the process. I was actually pretty good at this when I first got married but life got in the way and we rarely plan meals now.
I complain less. I didn't say I don't complain at all, but I do complain LESS. And I am selective about who I complain to. Somewhere along the road, I realized that no one really cares when you are having a bad day, you just have to suck it up and move on. Everyone's life sucks. No one wants to hear about it. I complain to Travis, because he is my husband so he has to listen. But I try to spare others the details of my oh so sad and difficult life (sarcastic).

Ok so maybe getting old isn't so bad. I am not embarrassed of who I have been but I am proud of who I am now and wouldn't want to change it. I am looking forward to "getting old" in leaps and bounds in the next few months, and all of the new responsibilities that little Baby C will bring. Hopefully he will help keep me young in the ways that I want to stay young. Til next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment