Lets get down to the bottom line here. I gained 42 pounds throughout my pregnancy. Ironically, I gained most of it really quickly. I was surprised at the weight gain because I wasn't eating any more than I ate normally but it is what it is.
![]() |
| August 2012 |
![]() |
| The day before I had Chance |
The day I got back from the hospital, after having Chance, I weighed the EXACT SAME! I couldn't believe it! How could I have a 7 pound baby and not lose an ounce. I was devastated but had to push my worries aside and focus on being a new mom.
![]() |
| Hadn't lost an ounce |
I wasn't a twig before I got pregnant so I feel it's realistic to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I know it's not going to be easy. Whatever exercise I do has to incorporate an infant now, which is a trial in and of itself. Plus let's keep in my mind I am already back to working full time. And genetics are really not on my side for losing weight. But I can't let that discourage me. I am going to work hard and do it because I know I can.
![]() |
| 4 Weeks postpartum |
So...... Travis and I decided to have a little "Healthy Competition." I now have 20 pounds to lose and Travis has 20 pounds to lose. We have similar struggles with weight and obviously similar lifestyles so the playing field is even. We made a deal that if I can lose 20 pounds before he does, he loses his XBox privileges until he reaches his 20 pound goal. I like it because we are both going to lose 20 pounds by the end of it. And of course we will have implemented some healthier lifestyle changes along the way.
I am pleased to report that we are both making progress. I would like to say I have lost the weight (haha) but I have to be realistic and also, I want to lose it the right way, which takes time. I know I am never going to look like a super model and I am ok with that. But I am NOT ok with Travis and I having health problems that could have been avoided by maintaining a healthy weight, so thats really what I am striving for.
![]() |
| 6 Weeks Postpartum |





Good luck on your challenge! I bet you will be surprised at how easy the weight comes off, especially if you have been able to breastfeed! I'm right there with you. You can do it!
ReplyDelete