2014 already? Where has the time gone?! I have to admit, I
don’t have huge hope for 2014. It has some pretty big shoes to fill after 2013.
2013 was HUGE for us!
We announced our first pregnancy.
I finished nursing school. I passed my NCLEX and landed my first
RN job.
We redid Chance’s room, which turned out amazing. I
absolutely love it and still love just being in that room.
Because of water damage, we had to redo our entire bathroom.
And we only have one bathroom so that put us out of a shower for a good 6
weeks. (shout out to my parents for letting us use theirs) Not planned. Not fun. But necessary! And now it’s soooo nice to have
completely new everything and we don’t have to worry about water messes anymore
hehe ohhhh the joys of buying a house built in the 1940’s!!
We loved going through our first pregnancy and all of the
ultrasounds (we had a lot because of diagnosed pyelectasis and low amniotic
fluid levels). We also had the
opportunity to take part in a “first time mother” study, which allowed us extra
ultrasounds (including an early gender check), and several other tests which
checked for signs of early labor, cystic fibrosis, and countless other possible
issues. I love science and it’s neat to know that I was part of research and
possibly part of predicting pregnancy issues in first time mothers. It was definitely an amazing experience and
so neat to have extra checks on soooo many things. I felt spoiled and I know I
will miss it with my 2nd pregnancy.
We had a baby… Ya… Kinda big.
We made our yearly visit to Vegas with my family.
Travis finished school.
We enjoyed all the "firsts" with Chance including a grizzlies game, Thanksgiving, Halloween, park visits, walks, getting to know Zuka, and about a million more!
We had our first Christmas with Chance. He wasn’t too aware
of what was going on but we sure enjoyed it and look forward to next year when he
can open presents and such.
This year FLEW and we accomplished so much that we have
looked forward to for years. 2014 will be a complete lifestyle change that we
are SOOOO ready for!
I’m not sure what my new years resolutions are….. I think
just the basics…..exercise regularly, be more spiritual, be better with money. Then I have some not so
typical ones like making dinner once a week (don’t laugh, I have to start
somewhere). I also want to enjoy every day. Chance helps me a lot with this.
Forget about what I need to do or what’s already happened that day. Just sit
there and think about how incredibly blessed I am. I truly have it all! Just
sit there and do whatever stupid thing I can do to make Chance laugh and love
every second of it! We have seriously been blessed beyond measure and I can’t
wait to see what the Lord has in store for us in 2014. Cheers!
i'm with you on the cooking thing 100%! happy new year! your family is as cute as ever!!!
ReplyDeletexox
It really was a cool year for our family. Chance sure has been a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete