When I was in first grade we made books called "First Grade Wisdom." In these books we finished the sentence of popular sayings.... the grass is always ______. Of course, first graders haven't heard most of these sayings so we all just made something up. We also added illustrations to each page. I took the book home proudly upon completion and showed my family. I was shocked to see my parents laugh at everything I had done. I had worked on this book for weeks! I demanded to know what was so funny about my hard work. They attempted to explain what the teacher had done. I felt betrayed. I had been set up for failure...
Well after a while of feeling silly for my made up answers, I agreed that the book was kinda funny. I will have to share all of my answers at some point but right now I will just share one, "silence is a nice way to say shut up!" haha yes, when you are little, parents discourage you from using the phrase, as they should. Shut up was not something that was permitted as mature conversation in my house growing up. However, I have a brother who has always had a vocabulary beyond his years. When we were little, he began telling me "silence!" and I was aware that it was the equivalence of telling me to shut up...
That being said, I would like to take this opportunity to vent and tell a few people, SILENCE!
Don't worry, no one that I want to tell even reads my blog haha So yes, I'm throwing my poor readers under the bus while I vent :)
We all learned from Thumper that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...
But lately I feel like this logic is more accurate of how people act.....
So now I think I'm turning into this little bunny...
Lets brainstorm! How many ways can we tell people to shut up?
Shut up
zip it
zip your lips
shut it
shut your mouth
shut your pie hole
shut your cookie hole
put a lid on it
can it
put a sock in it
shut the lips
button your lips
shush
shhhhhh
shut your gob
shut your trap
SILENCE!
My request is that all of us (including me) remember that sometimes we need to just "be silent" because not only is silence a nice way to say shut up.... Silence is Golden!




No comments:
Post a Comment