Feb 10, 2011

Day 10: Bullet your whole day... Plus a little pup talk

**WARNING: This is going to be extremely boring, I have no life......**

Ok so I am bulleting my day for you...
  • Wake up to the alarm set for 4:40 a.m.
  • Hit snooze
  • Hit snooze again at 4:50
  • Get up at 5:00
  • Take a shower
  • Eat breakfast
  • Get ready
  • Give Zuka an ice cube
  • Prepare my lunch for work
  • Go to work (extremely lame.... we will skip those 10 hours)
  • Come home
  • Play with Zuka for about 2.5 hours
  • Eat dinner
  • Watch T.V. or something similar
  • Go to bed at 9:00 p.m.
  • Do it all the next day.....
That's the typical day..... Sometimes it varies to some degree. Like today for example.... I am taking Zuka to the Vet to get her final shots. She will be 4 months old tomorrow. I can't believe how big she is getting. 36 pounds last I checked. I'm hoping that she is good at the vet tonight. Travis will be at work so my mom has been kind enough to offer her assistance.
It's not so much that I need help controlling my own dog but it's more for when I'm trying to sign in and pay and everything like that. She may be perfectly fine! Last time she was a month younger and much sillier than she is now.... She obeys much better now. However, there are bound to be other dogs there which makes her go CRAZY!
I will be glad to be done with this vet check tonight. 4 months is kind of a big deal for a dog. She will finally get the parvo shot and be able to go to stores and such where other dogs have been (not that we haven't broken that rule a few times anyway). She will be old enough to go to a dog park which we are trying out on Saturday (I will report how that goes). It's a big deal. I love her as a puppy but I like her getting older because she can focus and learn.
I'm gonna talk more about Zuka just cause I love her :) She love to play chase. She likes to chase me but guess what.... she can run A LOT faster than me so chasing me isn't that fun. Too easy. Luckily she will get bored of that and decide that I should chase her. She will pick up something in her mouth, typically a rock or piece of bark, something that she believes that I want.... and run like crazy. At first I took this as just being naughty until my mom pointed out that she likes for you to try to get it from her. I don't mind playing this game with her. It wears her out which is nice. It wears me out which is inevitable....but I could use the exercise.
Zuka doesn't love playing fetch. She will play it... she doesn't mind playing it. But she likes to play chase or tug a lot more. She had 3 tug toys which she destroyed... so we bought her some durable tug toys from Costco. A skunk, a duck and a possum. She has successfully ripped a hole in the possums face and ripped the skunk's tail off.... but she will play that game as long as you will. And it is not a game for the faint of heart, she is strong, and tugging with her takes a fair amount of energy.
It's so fun having Zuka. I don't know what we did without her. I think everyone should have a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment