1. Chicken pox scars on my face because I have had them 7 times and apparently have no self control.
2. Scar under my chin from falling off the counter and catching my chin
3. Spot from a biopsy taken from my forearm. Granuloma annulare, not sarcoidosis.
4. Burn on my hand from touching a stove when I was little.
5. Slice on my thigh from wearing shoes with buckles.
6. Stretch marks on my thighs for getting fat too fast haha Yes, those are considered scars.
7. Intense rug burn scar on my knee from riding around on a skate board on carpet and letting my knee touch.
I'm sure I've got more but those are what come to mind at the moment. I've never been too adventurous so I dont have many battle wounds. Scars are actually pretty amazing with how they form and why and how they help us. I took the liberty of including this informational peice about scars so that we can fully appreciate our scars haha
I'm also reminded of the song "Scars" by Papa Roach. I may or may not have been basically obsessed with this song like 6 years ago haha But that's a seperate matter. I will include the main lyrics of the song for you for those were not some crazy, angry teenager like I was:
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And our scars remind us that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
I'm not sure how realistic it is to open up a wound in a place that has scarred over, especially several times. But it makes for a good metaphor. Because, of course things, have happened to me that caused injuries but I forget about them. The things that we remember are what leave scars, phyiscally and emotionally. Like Papa Roach says, the scars remind us that the past is real.

i was OBSESSED with this song too! loving that you're blogging latley pretty girl!
ReplyDeletexoxo
I could totally hear your little forced chuckle after reading number three. I think you got it from Dad, he does it too, like when he throws in some insider lingo that he only knows a little of because it happened to him. :)
ReplyDeleteI know! Haha Like I even know what that means... I have no idea how I remember the words. I had to google them to make sure I got the spelling correct ;)
ReplyDelete