Feb 7, 2011

Wow I'm behind

I can't believe I tripped up on blogging after 3 days!~ I got stuck on one post and didn't know what to say so I put it off and put it off and then just didn't do it. I'm fixing it now haha gonna get all caught up.

Day 4: A song to match your mood
This it the post that tripped me up! I can't think of a song that explains my mood.... I can think of songs that explain what mood I would like to be in.... "I'm walking on sunshine" But I wouldn't say that it explains my mood for the last few days.

Even now, I can't come up with anything. Rather than slowing up my post, I will skip this question for now. If I come up with something in the future, I will report my findings.

Day 5: A picture of something that makes you happy
Yes, the sun makes me happy. I imagine that people who live in places where it is always beautiful and sunny must be the happiest people on earth! And how clever that the sun is wearing sun glasses! Ha!


Day 6: A place you've traveled to
I must admit that I haven't traveled much haha So I would say that the neatest place I have been is back east to see the Nauvoo temple and Carthage jail. I was only 14 so I'm not sure if I truly understood how powerful that is but I remember feeling the spirit so strongly. There was/is no doubt in my mind that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and I am eternally grateful for his sacrifice so that we may have the restored gospel on the earth today.
Day 7: Bible verse
That led in well, didn't it haha I must admit that I'm not super familiar with the Bible, much more so with the Book of Mormon.

One of my favorite stories is the story of Joseph in Egypt. I love the whole story but something that I think is really cool is when Potiphar's wife tries to get him to lie with her. Of course he doesn't. She grabs his coat. He gets out of it and runs away. Not walks. Runs. The scripture reads:

Genesis 39:15
And it came to pass, when he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me and fled and got him out.

I love this. Joseph is in a bad situation and he gets himself out of the setting. He runs out of the setting. It was that important to him and it should be that important to us. What a great example!

No comments:

Post a Comment